Prometheus strives to help your patients reduce their remaining out-of-pocket balances for all Prometheus diagnostic tests, whenever possible, including the PROMETHEUS® IBcause™ Diagnostic Test.*
- We do all we can to help get tests covered
- We may be able to lower patient’s costs
- We manage insurance questions or requests for information
- We help handle the claims process
How it works
- You order IBcause™ (or your patient has already completed his/her test).
- The patient calls Prometheus at 888-423-5227 to see if she/he may qualify for IBcause™ cost reductions.
- The patient receives one-on-one assistance for all of his/her insurance and financial needs.
If insurance approves a patient’s coverage
- The patient is only responsible for his/her copay, coinsurance, and deductible
- The patient’s out-of-pocket cost may be further reduced to $250, $175, or $75 if the patient is eligible** for financial assistance through the PROMETHEUS Links Program
If insurance denies a patient’s test coverage***
- Patient responsibility may be reduced to $250, $175, or $75 based on eligibility criteria established for financial assistance through the Links® program. Your patient MUST contact Prometheus to determine eligibility for a reduction in financial responsibility
*The majority of patients never become responsible for more than $250. Some pay as little as $75.
**Most patients qualify, but some eligibility restrictions apply.
***For IBcause™, denied insurance claim is assessed after the Links appeal process is completed.